03 Mar Health Benefits of Bodyweight Strength Training
We’ve taken a gander at a few of the benefits of strength training, and we touched the surface on bodyweight strength training, but what exactly is it? What are the benefits? What are a few bodyweight exercises you can do to maximize your strength, tone your muscles, and help lose and maintain your weight? Why is bodyweight strength training for everyone with any kind of goal? If these are your questions, then you’ll want to keep reading! We’re going to scratch a little more surface and see just why bodyweight strength training is right for you!
- What is Bodyweight Strength Training? So we know that bodyweight strength training is using your weight instead of dumbbells, bars, and so on, but what is the actual definition? Basically, bodyweight strength training is using your own weight as the resistance. Instead of lifting 120 pounds of weights, you can do pull ups instead. Bodyweight strength training can basically be done anywhere, at any time.
- What are the Benefits of Bodyweight Strength Training? There are a ton of benefits to bodyweight strength training besides gaining muscle mass. In fact, there are more benefits than we can list! Here are just a few benefits:
- Lower stress levels. Think of it this way: when you’re stressed and exasperated, getting a good hard bodyweight workout can help relieve that stress. It gets your mind off of your struggles, helps your body to get stronger, and helps you to lose weight.
- Increased oxygen use by muscles.
- Increased insulin sensitivity
- Increased resting metabolic rate. When your resting heart rate is increased, that means more calories are being burned. The higher your heart rate, the more calories burned.
- Healthier blood pressure levels.
And to think those are just a few of the many benefits to bodyweight strength training workouts…
- What are Some Bodyweight Strength Training Workouts? These workouts are basically anything that require you to use your bodyweight as a resistance. So, here are a few…
- Mountain Climbers
- Jump Squats
- Tricep Dips
- Bicycle Crunches
- Pull Ups and Push Ups
- Why Is Strength Training for Everyone? Bodyweight strength training is for everyone because it is low impact, it helps you lose weight, tone your muscles, and keep your overall health in tip-top shape. No matter your physical condition, age, or ability, you can do bodyweight exercises. The key is, there are low impact versions that can help you get the same results. No matter what your goal, whether it’s weight loss or muscle toning, heart strength, or bone strengthening, bodyweight training will help you get there.
Here at Multi Gym, we have amazing personal trainers that will help you design a workout regimen that is best for you. They will help you execute each exercise correctly to ensure safety, they can answer your questions, and give you the support and accountability you need to reach your goals. Here at Multi Gym, we are here for you. If you’re interested in joining, make sure to stop on by and sign up for a class or trainer!