You see those advertisements everywhere, whether it’s on your phone, your tablet, or your TV, advertising how a pill is all the weight loss assistance you need. You don’t have to change your diet or your lifestyle in order to lose copious amounts of weight. Well, not so much. Those pills are not the key to losing weight in a healthy way, but going to the gym, working out, and eating right are. Doing things the natural, healthy way is your best bet, especially if it’s to enhance your quality of life. Here are just a few reasons why going to the gym 3-4 days a week is your best bet to losing weight and getting fit!
- Cardio Kills: When it comes to working out, you want to make sure that cardio is a staple in your workout regimen. Cardio workouts help to burn calories, and is in fact one of the best calorie burning regimens out there. Getting your heart pumped and your blood flowing helps your body to burn those unwanted calories.
- Mix It Up: Don’t get stuck on one type of workout; don’t do just cardio or just strength training and weight lifting, but do it all. Start out with stretching then work your way into cardio, add a burst of strength training, and end with stretches. Mixing it up helps to include more muscle groups, helping your body to work harder, longer, and more efficiently.
- Sexy, Sweaty: Work up a sweat, and keep that sweat up the whole workout. Once you’re finished stretching and warming up, get the sweat pumping and keep it coming. The more sweat your body produces, the more calories you’re burning. Sweating may not look sexy right that moment, but you sure will feel sexy once you start seeing the results of your hard work!
- High Intensity Interval Training: Hi Intensity Interval Training, aka HIIT, is one of your best bets. HIIT workouts include slower pace workouts mixed with high intensity, sweat inducing, heart pumping workouts mixed again with low interval workouts. For example, on the treadmill start at a slower pace for a ½ mile, then sprint for a ¼ mile, then jog for 1 mile, and so on. Throwing in an intense workout throughout your regimen helps to get your heart pumping and regulated, so you don’t over exert yourself yet still get the results you want.
- Eating Right: It takes working out and eating right to get the results you want. You can’t expect to lose weight if you exercise but continue to gorge yourself on Dorito’s and loaded cheeseburgers. Instead of grabbing a sandwich and soda, opt for a salad loaded with chicken, nuts, fruits, peppers, and whatever low-cal, healthy topper you want, and top it with a vinaigrette or low-cal dressing. Don’t reach for the sodas or sweet tea, but opt for water with frozen fruits, lemon, or even cucumber for that added flavor.
Here at Multi Gym, we have everything you need for that result-producing workout. We have all the newest and greatest equipment, highly trained and qualified personal trainers, and workout classes you could possibly want. If you’re interested in joining a phenomenal gym, then make sure to check us out!