If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced workout, spinning class is for you. Regardless of your age, weight, or fitness level; this class is for everyone. It is a great way to get fit, or keep up your fitness level.
What is Spinning Class?
The spinning involved in spin class, are the bicycle wheels. Spinning class is an indoor cycling workout experience. Spinning is a cardio workout that is generally instructed with music. They are generally around an hour long, but these times may differ for beginner classes.
Spinning class is not straight forward in terms of cycling. Your instructor will be there to assist you, guiding you through the workout. You may be instructed to pedal faster, put on more resistance or even stand and pedal. There are a number of different possibilities. Your instructor will be there as a guide, but you can gage how you feel. If you need to lower your resistance, no problem. There is nothing competitive about it.
What You Can Expect
Here are a few things that you may expect from spinning class:
- Variation: As mentioned, your instructor will assist you during the workout. There will be steps you can take to make your workout easier or even more challenging. You will be on your own personal cycle, so you can adjust your workout accordingly.
- Muscle Ache: If you’re new to spinning, you may notice some muscle ache the following day. This will improve over time. If you are attending spinning classes regularly, your overall muscle tone will increase.
- Fatigue: It will be normal to feel some exhaustion, especially if you’re new to spinning. The key here is to never suddenly stop. If you’re working out and feel high levels of fatigue, slow your workout down before stopping. You would not want to experience become light headed, let your body slow down more naturally.
- Fun: Besides working on your overall health, fun is one of the most important aspects. When music is playing while you’re spinning with friends; you’re bound to have fun.
Benefits of Spinning
There are so many benefits when it comes to spinning. Not only will you feel better and have fun, you’ll be improving your overall health. Some of the main benefits associated with spinning class are; burning calories, building muscle tone, increased endurance, reduced levels of stress, all year availability and adjustable speed to name a few.
If you are new on the spinning scene, you may want to know a few tips before you dive in.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing: Wear comfortable clothes that you can freely move in. With that being said, do not wear anything baggy. You will run the risk of your clothing becoming stuck in the pedals or even the wheels. Try to wear flat-soled shoes. If you are more experienced, you may want to invest in some cycling cleats. These cleats can make your workout more effective (they are not necessary though).
- Items to Bring: Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate. Make sure you are bringing enough water to keep yourself hydrated. If you attend spinning class a lot, you may like to invest in a gel seat. This will make your spinning experience slightly more comfortable.
- Introduction: If you’re new, come a bit early to your class. It doesn’t hurt to introduce yourself to the instructor. You can let them know that you’re new, or if you have any underlining conditions.
So, whether you’re a beginner or well-experienced, spinning class is great for anyone. Anyone who is motivated and looking for a great workout will enjoy what our spinning class has to offer. Call us at (514) 363-6763 or email email@example.com for more information.