Don’t be intimidated by the thought and idea of enrolling in a Pilate’s class, especially when it could be one of the best things you’ve ever enrolled in. A common misconception is that Pilates is for the fabulously fit, enviably muscular, and lithe dancers. Not so much. In fact, Pilates is a great way to start and get into shape. There are tons of different reasons why Pilates is a must-try for everyone, but here are five reasons why you should!
- The Obvious: Strength Training: Pilates is great if you want to enhance your core strength and improve your overall balance. With Pilates, you work on really strengthening your abdominal muscles, creating a lean six pack and a stronger back. Having a leaner core not only boosts your self-esteem, but it also helps to correct your posture by strengthening your back. With a straighter back, you’d be amazed at the decrease in back pain. Stronger muscles lead to a healthier life.
- Fabulous Flexibility: We’ve all seen those gorgeous, lithe dancers who can move and bend in all sorts of different directions. Your first thought might be, that’s definitely not me, but with training and a great workout, such as Pilates, your body will be able to flex and move better. Flexibility isn’t just for the dancers and gymnasts, it’s for anyone who wants it and is willing to work for it!
- Helps in Preventing Injury: At first you may wonder how this could be, but if you think about it, it makes sense. When your body is healthier, leaner, and you have better control and improved movement, you’re less prone to athletic-induced injuries. As we’ve already seen, Pilates helps to improve your balance (prevention of missteps and falls), gain core and back strength (prevention of strained muscles and back pain) and helps you to be more flexible (prevention in muscle soreness and other injuries). For those of you who are into sports, Pilates might be the best injury prevention you’ve invested in.
- Poses a Challenge for the Challenge Seeker: This isn’t an easy, no-sweat activity. It’s a sweat inducing, result producing workout that really gets your body into the shape you desire. Its challenges makes it even more rewarding when you succeed and overcome those physical boundaries you had before. Pilates and the results are incredibly rewarding.
- Little Impact for Little Injury: Let’s face it, there are some workouts that are just plain insane, like the Insanity workout. Pilates, on the other hand, is relatively easy on your body, but still produces results. In fact, because it is low impact and easy on your joints, it is actually used as a form of physical therapy. So if you have sore joints, a bad back, or any other physical issues that may prevent you from doing more intense workouts like Insanity, P90X, or Cross Fit, than Pilates is a perfect workout for you.
Here at Multi Gym, we offer a fantastic Pilates class that will help you get into physical shape in an excellent, encouraging environment. If you are interested in joining our Pilates class, make sure to contact us for more information! Here at Multi Gym, we’re here to get you feeling great and looking amazing!