Admit it, we’ve all done it. We’ve all made fabulous New Year’s resolutions to get that perfect body, eating nothing but natural foods, and looking our absolute best. And then once February hits, your resolution goes out the door with that empty box of donuts and chips. It happens. But instead of falling into the same rut this year, let’s take a look at how to make a resolution and actually stick with it!
- Keep A Positive Outlook: This is important. If you’re a Debbie Downer or a Negative Nelson, then you won’t want to work out, eat right, and exercise. You have to keep a positive outlook on the whole adventure; keep your goal in mind, get yourself excited and pumped to go to the gym, and keep those negative thoughts out of your head and heart.
- Set Realistic Goals: Put it this way, if you are a curvy lady or gent with the intent to look like a size 00 Victoria Secret model or a Like Mike actor, then you’ll become disheartened quicker than ever. Be realistic, know your body, and set realistic goals. Set goals that you can actually accomplish, like losing 10 pounds before a certain date, or going to the gym 3-4 days a week. Know your body type and set realistic weight goals for your body; don’t try to be something you’re not because you’ll never be satisfied. Never, ever compare yourself to somebody else, because you will never be them. You are you, and you are beautiful!
- Write it Down: Everyone says they’ll never forget, they’ll remember, and they don’t need to write it down. Wrong. Everyone’s schedule is busy, so it’s natural to forget numbers, dates, and promises. With that in mind, get a calendar and write down specific goals for exact days. Write down the days you went to the gym, what you did at the gym, and what goals you accomplished or didn’t accomplish. When you write things down, you can see your progress even more, which acts as a morale booster.
- Partners in Crime: You are much more apt to keeping up with your workout regimen if you have a workout partner. You can keep each other accountable, stay honest, and go when you said you would. So find one of your good friends with similar goals, and go for it!
- Love Yourself: If you don’t quite make a goal, or don’t run quite as far as you wanted, don’t beat yourself up. Your body will let you know what it’s capable of accomplishing, so listen. If you over do it and over exert yourself, you’ll never want to go back. So be easy on yourself, be realistic, and just keep going.
Here at Multi Gym, we are firm believers in mutual support, setting goals, and helping one another. If you’re interested in getting in your best shape ever, setting realistic goals, and finding a fabulous workout group, then you’ve come to the right place. We have a ton of different classes for you to try out, plenty of evolutionary workout equipment, and even personal trainers. Make sure to visit our gym and see what you can do for yourself!