Yoga is a popular exercise routine practiced by many, and for good reason. Yoga comes with a basket full of benefits, including getting in shape and relaxation. It’s not just a health hype, but it’s an exercise that’s been practiced for centuries. Since it’s such a great routine, what, exactly are all the benefits? Let’s take a look!
Let’s Get Physical: The Physical Side of Yoga
The importance of stretching cannot be stressed enough. It not only loosens your muscles, but it strengthens them as well, making your body relax, bend, and loosen up. Yoga is a stretching regimen comprised of several different styles, difficulty levels, and focuses. Some of the physical benefits include:
- Flexibility: Flexibility is important for many different reasons – it helps your body reach its max potential, stretching the muscles and relieving lots of tension within the muscles. Flexibility helps you to move, and feel, better.
- Weight Loss: You’ll work up a sweat with yoga, which helps to burn calories, which in turn helps you to lose unwanted pounds. Yoga not only helps you to relax, but it boosts your self-confidence as you watch the pounds fall off and your body become more flexible.
- Injury Prevention: When your body is in better shape, it helps to prevent a lot of injuries caused from sports. With yoga, your body is loose, your muscles are relaxed, and the potential for injury greatly decreases. Less time in recovery is better for anyone.
- More Energy, Better Sleep: Believe it or not, yoga has been proved to help those who practice it to sleep better, therefore feeling more energetic. When your body isn’t tense and sore, you’ll be able to sink to a blissful rest, rejuvenating your body, mind, and soul.
- Muscle Strengthening and Toning: Although weights are not included with yoga, your muscles will become toned and stronger. You’re using your body to better your body – can’t get much better than that!
The Mental Side: The Mind Side of Yoga
Not only is yoga beneficial for you physically, but it is also incredibly beneficial for you mentally as well. Here’s why:
- Relaxation: Unlike a lot of exercise routines, you’re not head bopping to pop and fast-paced music. Instead, you’re soaking your eardrums with the sweet tunes of soft music. It’s slower paced, focusing on relaxation. There’s no rush, and therefore, your mind takes a deep breath.
- Stress Management: Stress seems to be a number one component in everyone’s schedule due to fast paced lifestyles, high-stress jobs, and overloaded days. With yoga, it helps you to stop, breathe, and take a moment to bask in the moment. Yoga focuses on breathing routines, as well as flexibility.
- Pin Pointed Focus: Yoga also helps you to learn (or re-learn) how to focus. In yoga class, you’re not bombarded with a million things to do at once. Quite the opposite, actually. Your attention is honed in on one move, one stretch, one moment. You retrain your brain to focus on the thing that’s most important at that moment.
The benefits of yoga are absolutely incredible. Long gone are the days of back aches, sleepless nights, stressful days, and the inability to focus. Here at Multi Gym, we offer a variety of yoga classes for any person. No matter your fitness level, there’s a class that’s just right for you. If you’re interested in joining a yoga class, make sure to check out our latest offer and take a look at all our membership options!